To be considered for the HERS Internship Program, applicants must be undergraduate students or recently graduated, in good standing, and eligible for enrollment in a tribal college or university.
how to apply
Applying to the HERS Program includes completing or providing: (1) an online application; (2) a statement of purpose; (3) essay (4) two letters of recommendation; (5) a recent college transcript (unofficial transcripts accepted). Check our website for updates or date changes.
Applications for the HERS Program open on January 5, 2019. The letters of recommendation should be submitted separately by letter writers. The link for applicants and letter writers will be available on this webpage. All application materials must be submitted by March 15, 2019.
(1) Online Application: fill out online application.
(2) Statement of Purpose (400-500 words): Introduce yourself and explain how a HERS internship benefits your professional goals. Include a description of previous research experience.
(3) Essay (400-500 words): Describe an important environmental issue affecting Indigenous communities, particularly one that is of interest to you.
(4) Two Letters of Recommendations: Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation. (A) Academic letter of recommendation (B) Character reference. Link for applicants to submit the information of their letter writers available on January 5th 2019 here.
(5) Transcripts: Provide a copy of your most recent college or university transcripts (unofficial transcripts accepted). Official transcripts may be requested at a later time.