To be considered for the HERS Internship Program, applicants must be undergraduate students or recently graduated, in good standing, and eligible for enrollment in a tribal college or university.
how to apply
(1) HERS application
(2) Letter of Interest: Send a 1-2 page letter explaining your interest in a HERS internship, a description of previous internships or research experience, your academic goals, and how you will apply this experience in your own communities.
(3) 2 Letters of Recommendations. We require both an academic letter of recommendation as well as a character reference. Upload letters here.
(4) College or university transcripts
(5) 1 writing sample:
- The sample should be 3- 5 pages and represents your own work. Please do not submit a collaboratively written essay.
- Be sure that the sample includes a bibliography.
- Submission should be free of grades or marks.
Applications Due March 1st, 2018.
Submit application and upload application documents here.
Submit recommendation letters here.
Questions about the program can be sent to the program coordinator, Katrina McClure, at HERS@ku.edu.